This time of year, traffic on this website jumps, and a whole new group of newly engaged brides-to-be are coming my way.
Looking for explanations for why being engaged is so much more complicated than they ever anticipated.
Looking for answers to questions such as:
- Why am I excited one minute and a puddle of tears the next?
- Why don't I feel ONLY happy?
- Why is my Dad acting so weird (and cold)?
- Why is my Mom so on my case about setting a date? (We've been engaged for, like, 5 minutes!)
- Why am I thinking about my ex boyfriend?
- Why am I constantly asking myself, "Will we be happy in 5, 10, 15 years?"
- Why am I anxious, sad and confused..when I thought I'd only be happy?
- Why, if I bring this up to family and friends, do they get a horrified look on their face and tell me, "But this should be the happiest time of your life?"